The Disappearing "Like' button

Home Forums General Discussions The Disappearing "Like' button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony Koretz
    Keymaster

Hey folks- I have managed to re-enable the “Like” button. It is actually a third party plugin, and There is an issue with it’s compatibility with a certain part of the WordPress dashboard ( the plugin manager). But I think I have figured out how to get around that issue ( kind of), and so please use the “Like ” button again, and if by chance it disappears for short periods of time, I should be able to get it back up again fairly quickly and we won’t lose any of the Likes that have been clicked. So in other words, the 3500+ “likes” have all been restored.

A Minute to Midnite Administration
    A Minute To Midnite Show Host

Angela Georgantas
    Participant

I love that button! Thank you for fixing it. 🙂

Tony Koretz
    Keymaster

Ok – well the Like button is gone again, and unfortunately at this point I can’t fix it. I am disappointed because I really found it great to have….but it’s out of my control unfortunately. There is an alternative Like/rating button that could be installed here – but that costs $96 a year to have on the website, which I think is way too expensive! There is still a “Like” button on the main website pages and posts on the site, just not here in the Forum.

Tony Koretz
    Keymaster

OK folks since I have had to ditch that old free “Like Button” because it no longer worked, I have now paid money for a year’s subscription for a new ‘Like button” made by a different plugin company (LIKEBTN.com). So hopefully there won’t be any more problems- except that we have lost all those old “likes” on the Forum. Anyway, please use the new one. I have not enabled the “Dislike” function, only the “Like” function is enabled, but I could add the “dislike” if people here wanted that. Give me your feedback on that here. There is no ‘Love ” option though, just “Like” or “Dislike”

Angela Georgantas
    Participant

Love the “like” button! I find the “dislike” button to be confusing. Is the person “disliking” the content of the article/video? The comment of the poster? The fact that it was posted at all? That one needs more explanation anyway, so why not post? Just my two cents. Thanks for the button again!

Tony Koretz
    Keymaster

Love the “like” button! I find the “dislike” button to be confusing. Is the person “disliking” the content of the article/video? The comment of the poster? The fact that it was posted at all? That one needs more explanation anyway, so why not post? Just my two cents. Thanks for the button again!

My biggest issue about adding a dislike button would be that it could cause discord among people. One thing about this Forum that I love is the sense that everyone here is so respectful of each other. Though I wish more people wold contribute articles and comments, I love the way that those that do post here are all really good genuine people. So it’s great to be able to “Like” stuff, but I am a bit concerned that use of a “Dislike” button could be misunderstood.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.