Soooo Movies..

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rene’ 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Jason Bramble
    Participant

I just wanted to ask, Do you still like movies?? do you still watch those you loved as a kid or whatever? I was just commenting on a sisters status on Facebook about “Christmas”(Or whatever) movies. I realized some of the movies i love or loved previous are infact quite worldly. My eyes have been opened to them really. But I still enjoy them on a face level. How about you? Still watch anything?

I try to not pay to go to the movies anymore. Here in Canada we have a system called “Scene” which is attached to our debit cards from a certain bank that i bank with. For every dollar we spent we get a point or whatever. So after awhile you get to see a free movie. That’s what I used to see movies anymore if I go at all. Which is only once or twice a year anymore. When I was younger i’d go 2-3 times a week. But now I don’t really feel like giving them my money so as long as its free i don’t mind.

Angela Georgantas
    Participant

I still like movies, although there aren’t a lot of good ones being made. This week, my husband and I went to see the new remake of Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express. I didn’t like part of it that really showed the blackness of humanity, but the mystery was a ton of fun. The funny thing was that of the 5 previews of movies coming out that were showed before the movie, I only liked one of them. I guess my taste HAS gotten a bit more discerning. Haha! Before that, we saw God’s Not Dead (the original), and before that was Planet of the Apes — so that tells you how infrequently I go to the movies!

I am, however, planning to watch lots of Christmas movies on Netflix, etc. My favorite is Miracle on 34th Street, but we always watch A Christmas Carol, Scrooged, and Elf at least once plus others. There is a lot of nostalgia with those movies that adds to the enjoyment not to mention the tradition of doing the same thing each year and looking forward to that. I love Christmas. Trees and presents and movies and hot cocoa are fun traditions just like birthday cakes on the day you were born and barbecues on the 4th of July. We celebrate the love of our Savior by giving to those who are in need and reminding those we love how much we love them. A lot of people will come out of the woodwork to tell you Christmas is evil, but I think it’s only evil if you believe it is.

Dianna Bonner
    Participant

I used to watch a ton of movies! I could go see back-to-back movies on the same day and loved it, but not any more. I’m much more selective in what I pay to see and don’t want to waste my time on most of the garbage that’s put out.

I just get so tired of the anti-Christian messages that are subtly woven throughout everything – evolution is a really big one. It makes me so sad to think of all the children being lead astray because they aren’t being taught the truth. It’s also hard to enjoy something purely for the entertainment value when actors are so politically outspoken – I just do not want to support them with my hard-earned money. Then there’s the perversity that’s rampant in Hollywood which is abhorrent! I hate that my money has gone toward making such evil people rich. Also, I guess the more awake I’ve become the more I see Illuminati/Luciferian symbolism in most movies as well as in the overall plot lines.

As for Christmas, I love the feeling/excitement the season brings but I haven’t celebrated it for a while once learning the true history. I don’t participate in the commercialization of the holiday but choose to focus on God’s gift of Jesus. As for Christmas movies, my eyes have been opened, too. I’m a bit skeptical of the new one coming out called “Star”, especially once I saw that Oprah is one of the voice-over characters. I pray that it is something that glorifies God and the birth of Jesus because kids have been mislead far too much already.

Jason Bramble
    Participant

hey hey some replies!

Yea Hellyweird as i call it now has gotten a bit much for me. Now IF I see a movie I go in with open eyes and even more open mind to see what agenda they are pushing etc etc. Even for movie franchises I still can’t let go of fully.

Tons of Symbolism and predictive programming. Yet some of the older movies i just watch for fun like older action flicks etc etc. Try not to be too serious about those. But newer movies forget it. I go in guns blazing.

I think my fave western movie of all time is the Ten Commandments. Even if it isn’t super Biblically accurate i just enjoy it. And it wasn’t as Blasphemous as Noah the movie was.

Angela Georgantas
    Participant

What a world we live in when “wasn’t as blasphemous as” is a high compliment. LOL!

Jason Bramble
    Participant

yeah LOL my Blasphemous meter isn’t raging out during The Ten Commandments. But With Noah it was making my head spin LOL.

M.E.
    Participant

I like movies that are based on true events. Hacksaw Ridge, Sully, October Baby, etc… I also like ones that give a “what if” about end-of-the-world scenarios. And I like series like Call the Midwife(I seriously heart that show, though I don’t care for the PC plots that come up sometimes :p ), Homestead Rescue, Alaska: The Last Frontier, etc. I loved season one of The Last Ship, but the other seasons didn’t have nearly as strong of a plot. We also love Bible movies that are done well, though those are sadly hard to find. We don’t watch stuff that we feel glorifies sin, so we try to be selective. Hope this helps 🙂 .

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  M.E..

Dianna Bonner
    Participant

I love Call the Midwife, too! But I agree, sometimes the PC plots are so obvious it’s tedious. I just finished the 6th(?) season on NetFlix this past weekend. 🙂
    It makes you long for the days when we grew up and weren’t afraid to run all over our home town. We would be gone all day and no one ever worried something bad would happen to us. We could explore and it was so much fun! It makes me sad for kids today that have no idea what they’re missing.

Stephanie Stone
    Participant

After my eyes were opened, I don’t care for movies much at all anymore. I know that Hollywood is run by a satanic cult, so I just don’t trust much of anything they put out. I see their symbolism everywhere in them. If it isn’t that, it is just sin-laden. I take my daughter to see a “kid” movie every now and then, but that is it.

Jason Bramble
    Participant

I dont’ blame you really. I know what it’s about, and even if I go see something I watch it with a more critical eye. The Symbols and the over all message is what i check for. I find myself enjoying them less and less. I still love my old classics that I really like. But yeah newer stuff is getting more and more wretched.

Rene’
    Participant

I will go to the movie theater as a mom/son hangout, but not otherwise. I make it an experience by going to a place that has food and drinks included in the movie-going experience. On the drive home, I have a great opportunity to discuss the movie (and maybe weave in some motherly advice).

Knowing about all of the lies that we have inherited from our fathers, I have become very jaded about “traditions of men,” including “Christmas” movies. Any movie I watch, I look for the predictive programming and NWO agenda. For most movies, if the project was green-lit, then there is an agenda behind it. It’s interesting to go back and watch some of the old favorites and see that the elitists were planning things 10, 20, 30 or more years ago that are happening now.

Jason Bramble
    Participant

That’s the trouble a lot of these films do have programming in it and or agenda based nonsense. I recently saw the new Star Wars. That has

Astral Projection
    Veganism
    Feminism
    Children being more wise than adults

Just to say the least. I was a really big star wars fan growing up and even in adulthood but I fear the Lord is starting to separate the wheat and the chaff now, and iam going to have to start letting things like that go, because I see blatant stuff in it. BLATANT.

Rene’
    Participant

I took my 15 year old son to see the new Star Wars movie and had to explain to him on the way home that astral projection is forbidden in God’s law. He asked me why, so I told him it was witchcraft, and therefore WRONG. I don’t know what Scripture reference I’d use if he challenged me… any ideas?

Jason Bramble
    Participant

It’s tough because Paul and others did something like Astral projecting in the Bible
    “whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth”- 2 Corinthians 12:3
    and it sounds like the entire book of Revelation was doing by John while being out of body. But Astral Projecting as done by Witches and stuff is witch craft. I dunno any verses per se about it being a sin, but there is a huge difference when God does it to us and when we try to do it ourselves.

Rene’
    Participant

Thanks, Jason. I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t missing something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.