Investors Spooked As Tech Giants Bubble Shows Signs Of Bursting

Home Forums Financial News – Gold & Silver, Cash, Cryptos Investors Spooked As Tech Giants Bubble Shows Signs Of Bursting

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tony Koretz 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Tony Koretz
    Keymaster

Investors Spooked As Tech Giants ‘FANG’ (Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google) Bubble Shows Signs Of Bursting

While I openly admit I am not a financial wizard or stock market expert, I do have eyes and what I have been seeing watching what Wall Street has dubbed FAANG, which are the “five most popular and best-performing tech stocks,” indicates that something huge happened last week and is still ongoing.

WHAT IS FAANG?

Investopedia describes FAANG as “FAANG is an acronym for the market’s five most popular and best-performing tech stocks, namely Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Alphabet’s Google. FAANG was born out of the original acronym, FANG, which did not have Apple included when CNBC’s Jim Cramer coined the term..”

According to that same page “FAANGs have been likened to that of the tech stocks before the 2000 dotcom burst, which saw a lot of overvalued tech companies crash, sending the global markets to a downward spiral.”

Read more on the dotcom bubble bursting here.

ALL FAANG STOCKS PLUNGED AFTER FACEBOOK’S HISTORIC CRASH

On July 26, 2018, Facebook suffered the biggest stock market loss in history, not just for the company itself, but of all time, when they lost approximately $119 billion in one day. By July 30, 2018, they have recovered none of those losses and are down further than they ended on Thursday.

The crash came after the closing of the markets on Wednesday when Facebook’s CFO, David Wehner, admitted that shareholders could expect “revenue growth rates to decline by high single-digit percentages from prior quarters” for the third and fourth quarters,” according to Jim Cramer, who initially coined the term FAANG.

That explanation makes sense, but seems to have had a domino-type effect on the other members of FAANG, which show that each and every one of the FAANG’s started dropping on the 27th, all of them.

READ MORE http://allnewspipeline.com/Something_Strange_Started_Last_Week.php

A Minute to Midnite Administration
    A Minute To Midnite Show Host

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.