Europe / Germany

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  M.E. 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Moritz
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I realize that this forum is mainly populated by members of the Anglosphere, but at least on Youtube there always seems to be a broader or more diverse audience and listenership for End-Times-/ „Fringe“ Christian content or podcasts as well.

And these listeners or readers – like me – are far more isolated in the post-Christian wastelands of Europe than anyone in the United States for example ( you know guys, when I grew up as a kid in the 90s and watched the dubbed „The Simpsons“-cartoon on television, I was puzzled by the characters sitting in a church when it was clearly not Christmas. Almost seemed like a weird running gag )

So I decided to join the forum and just go ahead and post this because you never know who else might show up…

Tony Koretz
    Keymaster

I hope you will find others in Europe to connect with Moritz…..it’s amazing that Europe was once a Christian Bastion, and yet now it is so secular!

A Minute to Midnite Administration
    A Minute To Midnite Show Host

Moritz
    Participant

Thanks for the warm welcome, Tony!
    btw, I just noticed that both our countries are actually about the same size.

Germany NewZealand Comparison

Perhaps we can get some forum members from even smaller European countries to really boost the national self-esteem of New Zealand, haha!

MattS
    Senior Moderator

Thanks for the warm welcome, Tony!
    btw, I just noticed that both our countries are actually about the same size.

Germany NewZealand Comparison

Perhaps we can get some forum members from even smaller European countries to really boost the national self-esteem of New Zealand, haha!

HaHa! Moritz
    I don’t think there are enough Kiwi’s to warrant boosting our self-esteem, most Kiwi’s belong to the Temple of the Jedi (around 53,000) their self esteem is well over-inflated to the point that it is more than enough to cover the rest of us.

So on behalf of the remaining fellow Kiwi’s I’m going to have to decline your offer of boosted self esteem from smaller European countries, of course this is in the face of the undeniable evidence I have presented, LOL
    Interesting that Germany is comparatively the same size as New Zealand, nice work! 🙂

A Minute to Midnite Administration
    A Minute To Midnite Staff writer

M.E.
    Participant

Wow, Germany. That’s an interesting coincidence. My maternal grandmother was born in Germany during WWII and lived in Berlin growing up. She was there during the blockade by the Soviets. She got pregnant at 18 and her parents threatened to disown her if she didn’t marry the dad. He happened to be a US army medic who hailed from the Galaxy, VA area. And so that’s where she immigrated to. When I was young we went to visit my great-Grandma a number of times, but the last time I went was when I was 10. It was a bit too much culture shock then, because I wasn’t a cute little kid anymore. Just another *American*, lol. My main impressions from that last visit were: amazement at how TALL everyone was, that the water was completely horrible to drink (no offense), the hotdogs are incredible, the fries were way too sweet, and a disappointment that no one was wearing lederhosen or doing anything particularly “German” (I had major misperceptions about what it would be like, clearly!).

Moritz
    Participant

Yeah, we tried to fix the fries by letting millions of muslims in our country. Somehow it didn´t work, Ms. Merkel must have had some misperceptions too. Walking around in those neighbourhoods has become more spicy though.

M.E.
    Participant

Yeah I can’t imagine ever going back now. I have to say I truly can’t understand why there weren’t/aren’t riots over it. Millions(!!!) of (mostly male) immigrants that have a completely different culture and attitude about basic human rights. Just blows my mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.