Christmas Music

Home Forums Arts, Music, Movies, Entertainment Christmas Music

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Angela Georgantas 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

M.E.
    Participant

Does anyone’s Christian radio station play only Nativity/Advent Music? All the stations around me mix in the secular music and it drives me nuts. Songs that say stuff like, “It’s Santa’s big day”, are certainly not a witness for our Savior. I just don’t get why they waste the chance to witness to people. What if someone was just flipping through the channels and only listened for a song?

Dianna Bonner
    Participant

EXACTLY!!! My local Christian station does this same thing and it is so frustrating! I barely listen to them in December because of the secular music. I couldn’t care less about songs that celebrate Santa and Rudolph. They are definitely missing the opportunity to reinforce that Jesus is the real “reason for the season” .

Fortunately, I’ve found a local Christian talk radio station and I listen to that about 90% of the time.

Angela Georgantas
    Participant

I’m very blessed because my area (DFW) has 3 Christian stations to choose from!! If I don’t like “Santa Baby” on one station, I can change it to “Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel” on another! I know what you mean, though. It is annoying. Than again, I guess there are only so many of the really GOOD ones, and people would get sick of them quickly if it was the same 10-15 songs over and over again. I WISH we had a better Christian talk station. My favorite station goes to talk after 6:00 pm, so it’s out there, but we used to have one up and running all the time that went out. Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.