Battles Hurt

Home Forums General Discussions Battles Hurt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Angela Georgantas
    Participant

Spiritual warfare is a tricky business. We all fight. Some fight bigger battles, but for others, the small ones ARE the big ones. Last night at church, my pastor stopped his sermon right in the middle. He had experienced some spiritual “interference” a couple of weeks ago, and last night it hit again. The microphone came in and out, the speakers clicked, his voice got raspy and hoarse — he FELT the battle. But here’s the thing. Now he started looking into the audience. Who was the PROBLEM here? Who has unrepentant sin? Who has demonic-hangers-on? Who is bringing the struggle? He said himself that the devil would like him to start accusing, but he wasn’t going to do it. But that didn’t mean that the devil wasn’t going to do it himself. So, all the way home, the devil told me that I was the problem. I’m new to the church. I had been present at both of the services, and I have issues. The thought was clear, plain as day: “The devil is a liar,” but that didn’t stop me from sinking into a slump for the rest of the night.

I guess my point is that battles HURT. Even when we are on the winning side, even when we know TRUTH, and even when we have figured out the devil’s tactics, we can still get wounded. That’s when we need to lean in to the Comforter who will balm our pains and bind us ever closer to our Savior.

Here’s a song that popped into my head this morning. It’s a good one.

Jeremy Camp — My Defender

Greg
      Participant

Yeah, easier said than done to put down those lies – even though they’re the same with everyone and the devil can have you thinking others are looking at / wondering about you! All the same things, common to everyone really.

What I wonder though with the pastor is (after checking things like is the mic battery / sound desk ok etc), he’s the pastor! Take authority over the situation if it’s spiritual! Discretely ask a couple of people he knows to go and pray against it. No need to make the devil the centre of attention! He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world (1Jn 4:4)!

So, if you like it there, then keep going. The enemy wouldn’t want you to, if you are being fed there. For the enemy to attack, you must be doing something right to upset him!

God bless

Angela Georgantas
        Participant

Thanks for commenting! Those are good points! I wish we still had “Like” buttons around here — not sure why they went away.

Angela

Tony Koretz
          Keymaster

The “Like” buttons went away unfortunately because they are a third party plugin addition to WordPress, and a couple of weeks ago WordPress disabled them saying they caused issues to the website. Each time I tried to re-enable them they got automatically disabled. I contacted both WordPress and the plugin designer and didn’t really get it resolved. I have just tried again to re-enable the “Like plugin” since I know the plugin just had an update to it..so we will see if they stay or disappear again this time!

A Minute to Midnite Administration
            A Minute To Midnite Show Host

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.