Against Reductionism

Home Forums General Discussions Against Reductionism

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Moritz
    Participant

Against Reductionism

Multiple researchers and authors showed themselves to be critics of what can be called Christian reductionism.
      Here reductionism is a derogatory term for the unfortunate tendency of analysing and describing complex phenomena in a simplisitic way and then claiming it to be a sufficient explanation which could or should be used to just end discussions inside the church or with outside investigators interested in a certain subject.

And the more complex our world and the things out of his world coming into our world are getting, the more this reductionism becomes a problem. In the past the church had the luxury of discussing the stranger things on a need-to-know basis because these things were not part of normal life and the human experience in general. But we are now at a point where the word “normal” is about to leave everydays life for good. The very last days will be a lot of things but certainly not normal and all the phenomena that accumulated over the years in the X-files so to speak will soon show up on everybody´s doorstep like the daily newspaper.

When the body of Christ was confronted with a phenomenon for the first time it was perhaps adequate back then to just put up a warning sign “Deception ahead. There be demons. Stay away” and leave it be. Probably was a case of “I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food.” (1 Corinthians 3:2).

See, it’s not like we don´t have things to spread that are indeed simple and completely true in their simplicity. Like the Gospel, the Good News, the message that is getting people saved. So if you want to get people saved, it´s adequate that you work with the four gospels and some following letters in the Bible. But the thing is that your local church should be the congregation of the people who are already saved and who now should be given all the solid food of the whole Bible. Sermons in church for believers should by nature be different from soul-winning activity outside the church for non-believers. This model is fundamentally broken today. There is basically no real learning or higher education going on in your local church. The worldwide church on average is an ocean with the depth of a paddle. You can literally walk around in it aimlessly and disoriented from horizon to horizon. How could you expect this church to teach and warn you about seismic activity in deep sea trenches?

The believers who wonder and doubt that the depth of the waters we´re in can be really reduced to a couple of centimeters usually head for the internet to search fellow believers who also want to get to the bottom of it. I didn´t expect to have to look as far as the literal opposite side of the globe to find a project like Aminutetomidnite. I once told Tony that Elijah wouldn´t have felt like he was the last man standing if he had the internet back then and got at least 7,000 views for his show. So thank God for the internet so we all have a place to collectively sit down and have a great nutritious meal from time to time.

One of our great scholars, Dr. Michael S. Heiser, recently said this about our current problem on the True-ID podcast (on-the-fly transscription by myself):

We are modern people. […] This [comes with a] sort of lurking assumption that we just know how everything works. We are primed, just culturally primed to look for alternative explanations other then something supernatural. If you´re a materialistic culture that´s understandable. If you´re a Christian, I guess I am a little bit bold by saying it´s not understandable. You know, we have a flawed hermeneutic in this regard.

Most Christians will accept the reality of God, and the Trinity, and you know, angels and demons and Satan (maybe), that sort of thing. And that´s where they draw the line (if they admit they´re there). That is not the Biblical picture, but people will gonna sorta go that route, thinking they can preserve their modernity and sort of preserve their faith in the supernatural, that those beliefs are alignable and acceptable in a modern context. And that´s just a self-deception. There is nothing that we believe that is acceptable in a modern framework, NOTHING. The deity of Christ is not, God is not, the incarnation is not; the idea that someone dying on a cross can take care of a spiritual problem, even the concept of a spiritual problem not deriving from a material world, is antagonistic to a material worldview.

But somehow we draw a line on certain spiritual beings or certain spiritual events or activities that we´re safe in our modernity, that our supernaturalistic beliefs at this point are still acceptable in a modern world. That´s a self-deception. What I would like to ask is: On what basis do we feel that we can decide what parts of the supernaturalistic worldview of the Bible are legitimate or not? What´s our basis for that?

I don´t talk about ancient misconceptions of the natural world because we can test this with science and God has given us the tools of science. I think science is part of the dominion mandate given in Genesis to stuart the earth so it might help us to know how it works.

I´m talking about the supernatural world: On what basis do we deny parts of the Bible, we can´t test these things with science, we can´t probe them. […] They can only be tested by the idea itself being logically coherent. So we have to approach claims about the spiritual world […] with a different set of tools, the tools of logic and coherent thought. And you know, for millennia the claims of a spiritual world, and a God, and a spiritual world that is inhabitated by other beings that this God creates, that´s done pretty well.

Mind you, our current problem will only get worse when the Fallen Ones reappear openly and throw all the fringe stuff they got in everyones faces. It will be a great irony that the believers who tried so hard to appear normal and draw a reasonable line to stay away from the stranger things will be instantly even less believable to the public, whereas some non-believers will remember the weird Christians who were rambling about these exact signs and wonders and freaky creatures and who suddenly might have had a point in retrospective.

And since the Fallen Ones will prepare complex answers to all the complex questions people will eventually ask when a great multi-dimensional visitation is taking place, we should anticipate the questions and the false answers now, and prepare and put out our own complex answers right now as a vaccination. So that even readers who don´t believe like we do right now will at least have this memetic vaccine in their minds and the antidote to the coming lies will be activated in an encounter. The Fallen Ones have already written cover-stories for all eventualities that might very well be 90% truth. So for us to be able to point out the 10%-holes in their versions we should be aware and knowledgeable of the strange facts that are actual facts they will bring forward.

Of course right now we will have the irritating situation that brethren who are reductionists (because one doesn´t have to think too hard about simple answers like “It´s all demons / all illuminati; case closed!”) will lash out against brethren who say that a given situation is far too complicated or nuanced to justify serving people only an one-liner and expect them to actually swallow it.

I start this topic to hopefully comment from time to time on a lot of different but ultimately related subjects. I will also bring up the work of authors or researchers who either already spoke out against reductionism or succesfully managed to upset other Christians in internet comment sections because they dared to formulate theories that may not fit on a beer mat.

Moritz
      Participant

A) The so-called Illuminati

We do have to realize that nowadays “Illuminati” is an umbrella term, a way to describe an organized human effort under the direction of the Fallen Ones. That´s the best case, the worst case is probably an idiotic internet video about hand gestures.

I´m not against utilizing the term “Illuminati” in discussions because secular truthers are very familiar with it and we can meet and pick them up at this point and get a chance to explain that the conspirators out there are at the top not only interested in money and material wealth but in supernatural power because they are subscribing to a luciferian worldview and strife for a false illumination/enlightenment and are being deceived by evil entities posing as angels or bearers of light.

“Illuminati” has become a catch-all-name for us who want to communicate the concept of such an organization while being conscious that it´s unlikely that this name is in usage inside said organization today or that said organization is a direct descendent of the 18th century formation with this name. So we must never dumb it down and reduce it to a wrong and quite frankly cartoonish picture of hooded figures running the world from their daily 4pm meeting since May 1st 1776.

I´d like to add something here about the historical order of the Illuminati founded in Bavaria. Something you have probably never heard because let´s face it, the English literature on the historical Illuminati is lackluster or downright bad. If you want to read a good well-researched book and you happen to speak German you should get “Die Illuminaten: Geschichte, Herkunft, Ziele” by Dr. Wolfram Frietsch. An actual historical-scientific examination is painting a far more complex picture of this society and its members then you were taught.

For example there is this popular notion that Adam Weishaupt was some kind of evil mastermind behind an ambitious occult undertaking. Well, turns out Adam Weishaupt wasn´t even an occultist. In fact he was merely a rational deist and wrote about how spirits and the ancient gods were just figments of the human imagination. He personally wanted this order to further the cause of the enlightenment in the classical sense of humanistic idealism.

Here´s the thing: To broaden the appeal of this order and to get a lot of VIPs on board (princes and famous writers of the day) he and the other founders used some surprisingly effective marketing strategies based on a pretentious aura of mystery. It worked really well although they had to admit to themselves that there was an unintended side-effect: what exactly the mysterious ultimate goal of this order was, was left completely to the new member´s imagination. And a lot of the new members who flooded the lodges were indeed occultists of every flavour imaginable (rosicrucians, swedenborgians etc.)

It´s documented that Adam Weishaupt was shocked to learn that all the “superstitious nonsense” he always fought was taking over the Illuminati and new rivals to his position were rising in power and influence who were sympathetic to the occult.
        In the end Weishaupt lost the fight and was pretty much retired. A lot of other old members left the historical society of the Illuminati as well because they were actually Christians and monarchists and when they saw the new spiritual direction the order was taking they were like “Nah, I didn´t sign up for this sh*t” and went on to warn the public, the church and the king of the other faction inside the Illuminati.

But Adam Weishaupt lived on in infamy, especially after the order he once founded became a topic of discussion in other countries. You could say of Weishaupt himself that he is a tragic figure of history or that he played with fire and got burnt. I suppose occultists around the globe at least treasured the now infamous name and the style of the Illuminati even if the original organizational structure itself was probably discontinued.

This is just one nugget of information I wanted to share to make my point: Human societies, even the “evil” ones, are not monolithic blocks where everyone involved is on the same page and on board with a certain agenda. So if you want to explain historical developments solely by focussing at one organization or person and therefore streamlining facts that don´t really fit, your reductionist model of explanation will probably fall apart when viewed under the microscope.

Moving on 200 years: I want to quote Carolyn Hamlett who is recovering and is currently even planning a new website to expose Satan´s plan in the end-times (everybody should check her stuff out and hopefully she will be on the Aminutetomidnite show again). Now as we know she worked directly with Satan´s spiritual hierarchy in the past. To somehow grasp her former involvement, the internet occasionaly labeled her an “ex-Illuminati” (which I must say is somewhat understandable since she herself mentioned fellow persons involved in the same circles having referred to themselves as “illumined ones”) but the truth once again is more difficult to explain:

Setting the Record Straight: on being “Former Illuminati”
        https://carolynandloren.com/2019/02/21/video-setting-the-record-straight-about-being-former-illuminati/

It was around 1986 that I left what I call “the organization,” and the position I had in working within Satan’s spiritual hierarchy.

I desperately wanted to warn people, especially the Christian community, of this huge conspiracy being orchestrated against the peoples of the world by the organization I was born and raised in. However, at that time, most Christians just didn’t have the ability to understand what I was talking about. They had no frame of reference or context to understand, and I knew it would be many years before I would be able to share the most important things and have the message understood.
        Some of them, however, were becoming aware of how dangerous occult involvement was. They didn’t always understand what constituted occult involvement, but they did understand that it was dangerous. So I began sharing my testimony by explaining to people that I came from an occult background, from a “gnostic Christian” point of view. […]

As a result of Constance Cumbey’s book, “The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow,” and Tex Marrs book, “Dark Secrets of the New Age: Satan’s Plan for a One-World Religion,” Christians started to become more familiar with the idea of the “New Age movement” as well as the “New World Order,” but it was clear to me that not many understood that they were both part of the same plan of Satan. For instance, many thought that the “New Age Movement” was Satan’s plan… but trying to explain that it was just a small part of Satan’s plan was difficult.

So, while it became easier in many aspects to share my testimony and for people to begin to understand a bit more about my background, people started expecting there to be a name to describe where I had come from. I kept getting the same types of questions, over and over, asking me what group I came from, what religion I came from, etc… wanting to know a name to describe my background.

My response was that it didn’t have a specific name. I tried explaining that it was a spiritual hierarchy, and that I came from being raised in and working within Satan’s “inner circle” alongside some of the highest ranking fallen angels.
        This answer was incomprehensible to others. They couldn’t understand it. Although many of them believed that Satan and that demons existed, not many understood about the fallen angels, and their understanding was very limited to what they could see or experiences with their own physical senses. It seemed to be unbelievable to them that humans and the demonic could interact in such a way that an individual like me had come from working directly with them.
        I realized that it was going to be impossible for people to understand my testimony unless I had a name to give them that would describe what I came from. And since Satan’s spiritual hierarchy was huge and his plan was so well organized, I started calling it “The Organization.”

[…]
        Around 2004, I started reaching a wider audience by sharing my testimony on internet forums. By that time, people had begun to understand more about “secret societies” and about conspiracies to bring about a “New World Order,” and the word “Illuminati” started to become more common. I thought at that point, people might have been ready to understand that the Illuminati was just a small piece of the larger picture. I thought people would have been able to understand that Satan’s plan encompassed more than just the NWO; that the Illuminati was but one of many smaller organizations within Satan’s hierarchy; and that Satan has created and used many smaller organizations to further his overall plan.
        Seeing the opportunity to share my testimony with an even larger audience who would likely be able to finally understand my warnings of Satan’s plan, I contacted several others who I thought would be interested in the information, including some radio show hosts, letting them know that I had come from a place of having personal experience in working inside Satan’s organization…. from a position that was higher than the Illuminati… from within Satan’s inner circle that oversaw the smaller organizations within Satan’s larger organization.

But in spite of doing several radio interviews where I was able to share some of my information, most people still didn’t understand. Instead, regardless of my efforts to explain what I had experienced while working within Satan’s spiritual hierarchy, people started incorrectly labeling me as “former Illuminati.”

So I would like to set the record straight, once and for all!
        In order to understand the significance of my message… and the implications it has for the present day… and the near future… it’s important to know what my background actually is!
        Regardless of the terms that others have used to try to describe my past experiences in working with Satan’s hierarchy… I am NOT former Illuminati.
        Instead, I worked at the top of Satan’s spiritual hierarchy in Satan’s “inner circle” — a group that is comprised of high-ranking fallen angels, as well as certain chosen humans, who call themselves “The Illumined Ones.”
        This is the group in which I used to work.
        NOT the Illuminati.

You can check out an extended discussion she had with Loren Grace

To sum everything up, just don´t hang yourself on the term “Illuminati”.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.